Monday, October 17, 2011

"the pumpkin patch"

Last week the kids and I went to Didier Farms Pumpkinfest. I was blown away by how grown up Ilana's getting.

Without hesitation she fed the birds.
There were a lot of them, but they didn't scare her one bit.
Then we found the "horsies." Again, without hesitation she walked right in all by herself, found her favorite, climbed in, buckled herself up, and started warming up her horse for the big ride. Gray was a bit young, so he couldn't join her - next year sweet bundle! I was amazed at how independent my little girl is.
Good thing she had complete control, that horse looks like he needed a strong leader.
After waiting for this ride, and getting all geared up. It broke after one turn around the tracks. Ilana handled it just fine. I thought she would melt down, but no. We just went on to the next ride. Great job, big girl!
THE TRUCKS!! I think Gray was really upset that he couldn't participate in this one. Ilana was a great driver.
It was her first "up and down" ride. There was one small hill. :)
After a break for lunch, we fed the "greedy goats." This one was my favorite. He was little.
This goat was especially greedy and even ate the cup right out of Ilana's hand. She was upset, but handled it alright. Especially when I gave her the rest of my cup. Again, she was such a big girl and fed these goats right out of her hand without any kind of fear. It blew my mind!
Ilana found her favorite. He was wandering around the outside of the pen and super docile.

I offered for Ilana to ride on the real ponies, but she insisted three times that she was NOT interested. I didn't push it. Maybe next year. So we got four little pumpkins and some bumpy gourds and went home.

All in all, I was simply floored by how grown up Ilana is becoming. She is still really hesitant and cautious (for which I'm thankful because she's still almost as tiny as a peanut), but she's really growing up these days.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Love it! We talk about being brave at our house :) Chloe fed the sheep at the pumpkin patch with no fear -- but I don't think she would have done as well with greedy goats ;)
Great Job Ilana!