Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Love these kids

Life around here has been a little humdrum for me lately. I love autumn, but the impending winter, cold hands and dry skin that invade my well-being, coupled with the innumerable runny noses and possible extra trips to the doctor just to hear him say "keep the humidifier running all the time", just seems to be exhausting me already.

In the midst of my mind being consumed by the future, I have moments like these...

Ilana is 3 and a half years old today - crazy!

The windows were open and the kids were comfortable in their short sleeved shirts. It was warm. They were happy. We were just finishing up dinner and the post-dinner, full-belly happiness was settling in for the evening. I loved this moment. I love these kids.

And although the winter is coming when simply getting out the door threatens to undo me, I am challenged to live today and love my kids in the moment. The sun'll come out again...in June.

No comments: