tried out some new cuisine (just look at that concentration!):
checked out the local park:
tested out the local beach (literally 2 blocks north of where we're temporarily staying):
tested every ounce of Mommy and Daddy's patience...
been so darn cute that Mommy and Daddy can't get mad...
and grown a baby (it's hard to see from this angle just how big my belly is; I'll have to have Paul take another picture)!
Here's the latest baby update:
- How far along: 31 weeks and 2 days (sorry it's been so long since I've done a baby update!)
- Baby’s heart rate: in the 140's - exactly where it should be
- Total weight gain: 30-ish pounds
- Maternity clothes: absolutely nothing else
- Sleep: it takes me 4 pillows to get comfortable (2 under my head, one at my back to keep me from rolling onto my back and one between my legs), most nights I get about 5-6 hours of sleep and I'm either up super late or I'll be awake for about 2 hours in the middle of the night - I guess it's this baby's way of easing me into the full amount of sleep deprivation he'll cause
- Best moment this week: when Paul told me that for 8 months pregnant I was doing great (with all the physically-demanding LIFE we've been experiencing these past few weeks/months)
- Movement: constantly, especially when I eat chocolate. :) This baby likes to stretch his legs about 5 times a day and my belly takes on the weirdest, lop-sided shape I've ever seen. I'll try to catch a picture of it. He also gets the hiccups about 20 times a day, just like Ilana did when she was inside, so my belly twitches for 5-10 minutes every once in a while.
- Food cravings: more thirsty than anything, the other day I picked up some orange-strawberry-banana juice ... YUM!!!
- What I miss: being able to hold Ilana close and hug Paul the normal way and walking without being winded
- Milestones: this baby is establishing a routine of regular awake and regular sleep times. I'm starting to pick up on it.
- Belly button: almost completely stretched out and flat :(
- Weekly Wisdom: don't stress, just know that I won't get everything done, but I can get done what I can do right now...unless I can sleep :)