Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Heinz Orchard (a few weeks ago)


The tree of life my soul hath seen
laden with fruit and always green

  
the trees of nature fruitless be
compared with Christ the Apple Tree.


  
His beauty doth all things excel
by faith I know but ne'er can tell



the glory which I now can see
in Jesus Christ the Apple Tree.


  
For happiness I long have sought
and pleasure dearly I have bought


  
I missed of all but now I see
'tis found in Christ the Apple Tree.



I'm weary with my former toil
here I will sit and rest a while



under the shadow I will be
of Jesus Christ the Apple Tree.



 This fruit doth make my soul to thrive
it keeps my dying faith alive



which makes my soul in haste to be
with Jesus Christ the Apple Tree.



 ("Jesus Christ the Apple Tree" lyrics)



I think the pictures are pretty self-explanatory - it was a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, Heather! And the pictures are awesome!!

Candace

Nonni said...

Nonni LOVES this blog post. The pictures and Lyrics to "Jesus Christ the Apple Tree" are beautiful. I loved listening to the Madrigals sing that song and I am impressed that those words are still on your heart. Love you and miss you,