Tuesday, September 13, 2011

She's getting crafty again





What in the world am I doing?? ;)


Here was my train of thought (sometimes a dangerous train, I know):
I need to show Jesus to my kids more often.
How?
I need to see it in front of my face, all the time, to be reminded of it constantly.
But I want to do it in a "fun, include Ilana" kind of way.
Jesus left us with the Spirit, why not do something with the fruits of the Spirit.
Yeah, that would be a good reminder to myself.
hm...


We're doing a "word of the day" study over here at the Miller's! Yesterday's word was LOVE. We talked most of the day about it. What it means, who we love, how we show love. It was super fun.
Then Ilana colored love - what she thought it looked like. Then I painted the word on the bottom, just so I wouldn't forget. And hung it in the kids bedroom:

I'm excited to continue my word study with Ilana...and be crafty again at the same time!
It's a win-win.

2 comments:

Jillian Schmidt said...

Nice! That came out really well, including the flying whale I spot in the top center :-D

Laura said...

LOVE it ;)