Thursday, September 22, 2011

My shoe obsession

They had been ordered.

And their future owner (yours truly) was apprehensively awaiting their arrival.

It finally happened, about a week ago.

And this momma could not be happier, well maybe it's her feet that could not be more thankful.

Truth be told, I have a slight obsession with Keens. They are my absolute favorite sandal. I know, some people have a very different kind of shoe obsession, but I shop for one kind of shoe: comfortable, and these are comfort to the max for me. I usually wear them every day well into the winter with wool socks. So, when my other pair was wearing down, it was time to order a new pair. I had the other ones for at least 2 years. I spent about an hour online lusting picking out which ONE pair I absolutely could not live without - I have to limit myself or I'd go crazy. In the end, I ended up picking out a pair that's exactly like my old, well-loved ones that I was replacing, just a new color. Why re-invent the wheel, huh?

So when they arrived, I was just about as excited as a toddler on Christmas morning.
 Ah, they even have "foot inserts" in them to keep their shape en route. What a thoughtful company. :)

Yes, my feet have been a lot happier this past week. Which makes for one happy momma too.

No comments: