Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"I'm TWO!!"


I tried all day to get Grayson to answer me with "I'm TWO!" when I'd ask him how old he was, but it never happened. Oh well. Here's our day:

It's our birthday tradition to have a pile of gifts waiting for you at the breakfast table. So, almost immediately after Grayson came out of his room and saw the gifts, he began opening. First it was his new tow truck. He was pretty excited. Moses was too.


He was also pretty excited about his new movie. Ilana was too.
 
He was too busy opening his gifts to eat breakfast (we've got to have our priorities!), and the excitement couldn't be contained, so he immediately went to playing.

With August being as crazy as it was, and Paul being gone so often, it was the best gift to have him home to celebrate with us.

At some point in the morning the family's gifts began to arrive. Gray was busy with his new dump truck all day, and I do mean ALL day. (This picture was, of course, taken with my phone. I SO wish it was in focus, it is completely "him" these days. Oh well.)

After nap we watched The Lorax and ate dinner on the couch. Then, we went outside to roar at play with our neighbors for a bit before cupcakes.

One little girl asked to "go on a bear hunt" (a new favorite game of hers). I think she found the bear.

We had a great time outside.

Then we sang to Grayson. He was not a fan. Really. It was hilarious!

He did enjoy looking at the candles.

But they "refused" to be blown out. (He just isn't experienced enough yet, but his reaction after a few tries was priceless.)

So big sis had to help.

They were pretty good, despite being a little burned on the bottoms.

We enjoyed some family time outside.


Most of our neighbors were there too, but none of those pictures turned out well - sorry y'all. Really, our neighbors have become our "family" out here as well.

Grayson, we are so in love with you and who you are becoming. Thanks for lighting up our hearts!
 
...we must've partied pretty hard because this morning I found this on our dining room table. It's just a sticker, but still...

1 comment:

KatieG said...

Looks like a fab day! I'll have to become a regular viewer of your blog so I can keep up with your news from across the pond. :o(