Friday, May 18, 2012

His first haircut

We arrived before they even opened...

and immediately I was sure this was not going to be a good experience...

Ilana did her best to set a good example (no, we didn't get her haircut, but she was awesome!)...

and then the fun really started (he won the battle against the cape)...

Ilana watched Sports Center in the waiting area...

and the curls started coming off...

eventually he really caught on! (Just ignore Paul's eyes - bleh!)

The aftermath...




All in all the haircut went 100 times better than I anticipated. I thought he'd scream through the whole thing. I'm so glad Paul came with us. The first 10 minutes were touch and go and he didn't even want to come into the salon in the first place. Once the stylist started spraying his hair with water and conditioner, though, he settled down and surrendered to the process. Another gentleman came in and sat next to him, which I think actually helped Gray calm down (ha!) - he knew it was "normal" or something. I surprised myself by not shedding a single tear.

We were initially going to go to a place that specializes in little ones, but then a friend recommended Sport Clips - they have Sports Center on monitors at every chair, lollipops, and they're fast. She's never been disappointed and I'll say we weren't either - and we didn't even need the lollipop. Initially his haircut reminded me of my Grandma's, but now that he's lived in it a little bit, the part's gone, and slept on it, it's a lot more "him."

Bottom line: I'd call it a success!!!

...and yes I did save some of the curls. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, Grayson...that looks REALLY CUTE. Nonni loves your new haircut...Good choice Mom and Dad and you behaved very well. Can't wait to see you!