Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We're still here, I promise!

I know some of you may be thinking that I'd never post again...well, you're wrong! We're still here, I promise! We finally got internet at our house, and we're very slowly opening boxes and getting out our essentials. Nonni and PopPop are coming out soon - they'll help us really get settled. But for now, I've finally downloaded all our pictures from the whole summer onto the computer and found some great ones that just have to be put up here. Some of these are from awhile ago, so just bear with me...

One of the last days in our temporary housing I was feeling the need to clean Moses' nose smudges off Ilana's windows. So, I got out the soapy water, then remembered how much Ilana LOVES soapy water, so I gave her the job instead and moved onto other things that needed to get done. She actually did a pretty good job...for a 2  year old.
 
After she was "done" she decided to move onto her feet. Then the fun really started!

We did make it down to see Wrigley Field one night before we moved into our more permanent apartment. We didn't go to a game...we learned that lesson at Taste of Chicago (I promise that post is coming!).

We did eventually turn Ilana around in her carseat so she now faces the front. I think she likes it a lot.

This was the sunset one of the last nights on the 13th floor in our temporary housing. Every once in awhile I miss seeing them.


Still with all the sunsets, this was one of the most beautiful sites I had seen in about a month: all of our earthly possessions (our "home") safely arriving at our new place.

Ilana is still way too cute for her own good.
I can't believe I only have about another month with just her. I know I will miss these days.

I've got a lot more posts to do and now that I have a working computer with all the pictures imported I have my work cut out for me. So check back because we've got some catching up to do.
-H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..these are some GREAT pictures. I can't wait to get there on Friday and see everything in person. Miss you all!

Love and hugs,
Nonni

Carolyn said...

so sweet with her head on your belly...