Friday, August 13, 2010

Baby Update



(Yes, I thought both pictures were needed to really appreciate my size these days.)

How far along: 36 weeks!!! (full term)
Baby’s heart rate: 150's - exactly where it should be
Total weight gain: 34 pounds
Maternity clothes: I'm to the point where I'm even outgrowing my maternity clothes. :) I can only fit into the large and extra-large stuff - eeeek!
Sleep: only on my left side, this baby doesn't like it when I sleep on my right; he takes forever to settle in and then has to turn around when I wake up or switch sides. I must say, sleeping on our new pillow-top mattress is SO much better. That came at the perfect time. Too bad Paul thinks it's too soft for his back.
Milestones: I'm stocking up on the essentials!!
Best moment this week: NONNI AND POPPOP CAME TO TOWN!!!!
Movement: all the time...even in the downward direction.
Labor Signs: My nurse-midwife says that the baby has definitely dropped into my pelvis (hence the crazy profile). I'm "a good centimeter" dilated and about 50% effaced. He's definitely on the move!
Food cravings: not anymore. I'm hot all the time, so I'm mostly thirsty for anything wet and cold.
Labor Signs: a few contractions here and there, but nothing regular, lots of braxton hicks
What I miss: personal space
Weekly Wisdom: Family is a blessing.

-H

1 comment:

Alison said...

Good for you to be able to smile for the camera at 36 weeks in the middle of August!!

Not much longer till that little boy will be here! :)