Saturday, May 29, 2010

Traveling Update

Well, Ilana and I are at my parents' house in Annapolis, MD, just hanging out. We got here Thursday evening. Paul left Waco around 5:45 (central time) on Friday evening. The goal was to leave at 11 that morning, but actually getting out the door is the hardest part. The most amazing part: everything fit!!! How did he do it??!!
I just talked to him on the phone and he was driving through Nashville, hoping to get another 2 or 3 hours down the road then stop at a camping site for a good night's sleep. He had just ordered a triple-shot of some caffeinated beverage from Starbucks, so he was going to enjoy that and once that worked its way out of his system he'd stop. I can't imagine doing what he's doing; he's my total hero right now. We're already thinking about how to make our transition to Chicago a little bit easier than what our transition here has been. It is half the driving time, so that will hopefully help.
I am eternally grateful that my parents' convinced us to fly Ilana and I home. I can't imagine being on the road. I know our son is appreciative too - he has been moving all around, happy as a lark since we got here, and Ilana's just enjoying the new toys and all the attention she gets here. It's been great to just chill out a little bit. I did see my nurse-midwife for the last time on Tuesday so I owe you all a baby update.
I'll be in touch with pictures soon!
-H

No comments: