Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baby Update

Well, since we're seeing the nurse mid-wives every week now, it only seems appropriate to do baby updates that often as well - we're getting down to the wire now!


How far along: 37 weeks and 5 days
Baby’s heart rate: exactly where it should be, in the 150's
Total weight gain: still 34 pounds, but the baby is still measuring right on, so I must just be losing it on other places - crazy!
Sleep: I'd say 4-7 hours a night, depending on contractions, hot flashes, anxiety levels and general comfort; I'm basically always tired (I have a feeling I'll be feeling this way for quite some time)
Best moment this week: I forget who we were talking to, but someone was asking Ilana if she was excited about being a big sister. She started jumping all around screaming "Yeah! Yeah! Baby Brother! Yeah! Yeah!" It made my week. So did this, although this doesn't really have anything to do with the baby:

Food cravings: anything cold and wet - I eat lots of popsicles these days
Belly button: almost completely stretched out :(
Labor Signs: contractions, braxton hicks, hot flashes, sharp shooting pains in my back, tightness that takes my breath away ... yeah, all of the above! This labor is already completely different; I had none of these things the first time around!
What I miss: being able to do the dishes without having to almost completely bend over
Weekly Wisdom: drink water! Between the temps and my hot flashes, I'm doing a lot of sweating these days.
Milestones: for the first time, I actually had peace about the labor and delivery process - hopefully that only means that the prayers are working and nothing else :)
-H

No comments: